Titan Professional Resources
Network Technician Oklahoma City, OK
Titan Professional Resources is looking for a Network Technician to join a great company here in the OKC area! This position offers excellent benefits and competitive pay. If this is something you are interested in hearing more about, apply with us today!
Network Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software and network-related problems encountered by end-users of the network, the Internet, the Server, PCs, and new computer technology.
- Configures and installs Windows Servers and workstations operating systems.
- Performs primary network system administration on network servers as needed.
- Installs, certifies, and troubleshoots network cabling infrastructure, including a wide variety of local area network equipment and software.
- Uses established tracking system to log requests; monitors progress, tracks problem resolution, identifies patterns of failure, research bug fixes and implements solutions.
- Works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; research and tests possible solutions and implements solutions.
- Listen and communicate information to a wide variety of clients and vendors at all skill levels.
- Deliver customer support both in-person, in writing, and over the phone in a professional manner.
Network Technician Skills and Requirements:
- Capabilities and limitations of various computer systems, including LAN and WAN
- The principles of information systems design, especially related to multi-protocol, multi-platform client/server environments.
- Principles and practices of networking technologies
- Thorough understanding of protocols, theory, and practice of LAN/WAN administration
- Mastery of desktop operating systems and various software applications.
- A degree in computer sciences is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience providing technical desktop and network support in a large multi-platform and multi-operating systems environment; Demonstrated experience implementing local area networks using multioperation systems and platforms, network and computer trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills required, including knowledge of networking theory, principles, and practices; Specific knowledge of TCP/IP and Windows Server.
- Structured cabling experience preferred.